How to Get a Car Accident Report in Polk County, FL | Injury Attorneys

How to Get a Car Accident Report in Polk County, FL

When you are in a Polk County car accident, you are entitled to receive of copy of the car accident report from law enforcement.

If you are a party that was involved in a crash, you may request a traffic accident crash reports within sixty days of the accident. The method for obtaining a car accident report depends on which branch of local law enforcement responded to the crash. For accidents the Florida Highway Patrol responded to, visit and follow the on-screen instructions to obtain a copy. For accidents handled by the Polk County Sheriff’s Office, please contact the Records Department at (863) 298-6300. To request a copy, you must visit one of the service station locations in Polk County. They are located at:

1045 Wedgewood Estates Boulevards
Lakeland, FL 33809
(863) 577-1600

4120 U.S. Highway 98 South
Lakeland, FL 33813
(863) 499-2400

There will be no fee charged for copies of accident reports.For additional information the Polk County Sheriff’s Office can be reached at (863) 298-6200 or at

If you or a family member have been injured in a car accident, you are entitled to know what your rights are following one of these harrowing events, to know you are not alone, and that there is someone seeking your best interests. If you have legal questions, a car accident lawyer may be able to help. You should not be embarrassed about being a victim, seeking help or exercising your rights. Lakeland car accident lawyers can help ease the burdens that clients are facing. Burnetti, P.A. represents injury victims against profit-motivated insurance companies and businesses, and are ready and willing to go to trial to obtain maximum compensation. If there is no recovery, there are no fees and no cost. To schedule a free consultation, fill out the case evaluation form or call 1-800-BURNETTI today.

Burnetti, P.A.
211 S Florida Ave
Lakeland, FL 33801
Click here for driving directions

Lakeland Personal Injury Practice Areas