In an effort to reduce collisions in the Tampa area, more than two dozen red light cameras are being installed at some of Tampa’s busiest intersections. The cameras photograph vehicles running red lights, and the Hillsborough County sheriffs deputies review each photograph and corresponding data to determine if there was a violation of Florida State Statute 316.075 (1)(c)(1). The Tampa cameras will turn on October 1, 2011, and the city will start issuing $158 tickets October 31, 2011.
Red light cameras are currently active at the following unincorporated Hillsborough County intersections:
- Fletcher Avenue & Bruce B. Downs Boulevard
- Sligh Avenue & Habana Avenue
- Brandon Town Center & Brandon Boulevard
- Bloomingdale Avenue & Bell Shoals Road
- Waters Avenue & Dale Mabry Highway
- Waters Avenue and Anderson Road
According to a recent St. Pete Times article, cameras are installed but not active at the following intersections:
- Westbound Busch Boulevard at Nebraska Avenue.
- Eastbound Fowler Avenue at Nebraska and northbound Nebraska at Fowler.
- Westbound Hillsborough Avenue at Nebraska and northbound Nebraska at Hillsborough.
- Northbound Armenia Avenue at Hillsborough.
- Northbound Lois Avenue at Hillsborough.
- Eastbound Gandy Boulevard at West Shore Boulevard.
Additional cameras will be installed at:
- Eastbound Adamo Drive at 50th Street and southbound 50th at Adamo.
- East- and westbound Hillsborough at 22nd Street.
- Southbound Dale Mabry Highway at Gandy, and eastbound Gandy at Dale Mabry.
- Eastbound Kennedy at Ashley Drive.
- Southbound Dale Mabry at Kennedy and eastbound Kennedy at Dale Mabry.
- East- and westbound Columbus Drive at Dale Mabry and southbound Dale Mabry at Columbus.
- Westbound Gandy at West Shore.
- Eastbound Busch at Nebraska.
- East- and westbound Busch at Florida and southbound Florida at Busch.
Have you been caught running a red light in Hillsborough County? View the latest Red Lights Runners video from the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s department to see.
If you’ve been injured in a Hillsborough County collision, Tampa car accident lawyers at Burnetti, P.A. may be able to help you pursue a claim for compensation. Call 1-888-BURNETTI.