Nissan has announced a voluntary recall of 14,718 vehicles due to an improperly installed engine bolts on the engine oil cooler and may lead to a crash.
According to the recall notice, the engine oil pressure would drop if there was an oil leak and the engine could seize, potentially leading to a crash. The recalls affects the following vehicles that are equipped with the connector bolts:
- Model year 2011 Infiniti FX manufactured in 2010 to 2011
- Model year 2012 Infiniti M manufactured in 2011
- Model year 2012 Nissan Frontier manufactured in 2011
- Model year 2012 Nissan NV manufactured in 2011
- Model year 2011 Nissan Pathfinder manufactured in 2011
- Model year 2011 Nissan Xterra manufactured in 2011
Under the recall notice, Nissan will notify owners and dealers will replace the connector bolts free of charge. For addition information, owners may contact Cadillac at 1-866-982-2339.
If you’ve been severely injured by a recalled product, defective product attorneys may be able to help you pursue a claim for compensation. For more information, call 1-888-BURNETTI.