BMW has announced a voluntary recall of 2,846 vehicles due to the engines because the circuit board for the electric auxiliary water pump can overheat, increasing the risk of a fire.
According to the recall notice, this could lead to a smoldering of the pump or an engine compartment or potentially leading to a vehicle fire. The recalls affects the following vehicles that are auxiliary water pump:
- Model year 2011 BMW 5-Series manufactured 2010 through 2011
- Model year 2011 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo manufactured 2010 through 2011
- Model year 2012 BMW 6 Series manufactured 2011 through 2012
- Model year 2012 BMW 7-Series manufactured 2011 through 2012
- Model year 2012 BMW X5 SAV manufactured 2011 through 2012
- Model year 2012 BMW X6 SAV manufactured 2011 through 2012
Under the recall notice, BMW will replace the auxiliary water pump and it will be performed free of charge. For more information, owners may contact BMW customer relations and services at 1-800-525-7417.
If you’ve been severely injured by a recalled product, defective product attorneys may be able to help you pursue a claim for compensation. For more information, call 1-888-BURNETTI.