General Motors has announced a voluntary recall of 40,859 vehicles due to a condition in which the plastic supply or return port on the fuel pump module may crack, increasing the risk a vehicle fire.
According to the recall notice, fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire, increasing the risk of a crash. The recalls affects the following vehicles that are equipped with the fuel pump module:
- Model year 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt manufactured 2007 through 2009
- Model year 2007 Chevrolet Equinox manufactured 2006 through 2007
- Model year 2007 Pontiac G5 manufactured 2007 through 2009
- Model year 2007 Pontiac Torrent manufactured 2006 through 2007
- Model year 2007 Saturn Ion manufactured 2006 through 2007
Under the recall notice, GM will notify owners and dealers will replace the fuel pump module and it will be performed free of charge. For additional information, owners may contact General Motors at 1-800-521-7300.
If you’ve been severely injured by a recalled product, defective product attorneys may be able to help you pursue a claim for compensation. For more information, call 1-888-BURNETTI.