GM’s recall total now tallies 6.1 million recalled vehicles since February. The latest recall includes 1.3 million vehicles that may experience a loss of electric power steering, causing the driver to manually steer which may result in accidents. The crash risk increases due to the possible sudden loss of power steering and the potential lack of ability to manually steer vehicles to safety.
The recalled models are:
- 2004-2005 Chevrolet Malibu (also including some 2006, 2008, and 2009 models)
- 2004-2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx (some 2006 models)
- 2009-2010 Chevrolet HHR (Non-Turbo)
- 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt
- 2008-2009 Saturn Aura
- 2004-2007 Saturn ION
- 2005 Pontiac G6 (some 2006, 2008, and 2009 models)
- Vehicles that had service parts installed before May 31, 2010 from a previous safety recall.
Consumers with a recalled model can visit GM dealerships and dealers will replace the power steering motor at no cost.
If you or a loved one sustained injuries from an accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, treatment, and pain and suffering. For more information, contact Burnetti, PA’s product liability attorneys or car accident lawyers at 1-888-BURNETTI for a free case evaluation. You can also fill out a free evaluation by visiting https://www.burnetti.com and initiating a chat with our online chat operator.