Throughout this month many schools are on break for a week in honor of the upcoming spring season. The Sunshine State pulls an impressive four spots out of ten in Expedia’s Top Spring Break Destinations. According to Expedia’s polls, Orlando is the second most popular spring break destination followed by Miami in seventh place, Fort Lauderdale in eighth place, and Tampa in ninth place.
Spring break can be a fun and relaxing time; however, it can also be a dangerous one. State law enforcement are partnering during the spring break vacation weeks in an effort to decrease underage drinking and drinking and driving accidents and fatalities. According to the director of the Florida Highway Patrol, “The Florida Highway Patrol wants spring breakers to enjoy their stay in Florida, but we also want them to be responsible so that everyone goes home safely.”
Here are some spring break safety tips:
- Do not drink and drive – always plan ahead and designate a sober driver. Possession of an open alcoholic beverage in a vehicle by the driver or passengers is also a violation of law.
- Before a long drive, have your car looked over by a mechanic to make sure it is safe to drive
- If you have car trouble, call police for help, but stay inside your car with the doors locked
- Do not pick up hitchhikers on the side of the road; it increases the risk of becoming a victim of a crime
- Do not drive while drowsy – it is better to pull off to a motel than to risk falling asleep behind the wheel
- Drive slowly in construction areas and on unfamiliar roads
- Drive defensively; vacationers who are not familiar with the area may be unpredictable
- Move over for emergency vehicles
Utilizing these safety tips can help decrease the likelihood of getting in an accident while having a fun spring break holiday vacation.
In the unfortunate event that you are injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, personal injury car accident lawyers at Burnetti, P.A. do not want you to have to face the consequences alone. Suffering injuries from a car wreck can be confusing and painful and Burnetti, P.A. lawyers desire to assist clients by handling complex legal claims so they can focus on the healing process. For a free case evaluation, call 1-888-BURNETTI or visit burnetti2.wpengine.com.