BMW has announced a voluntary recall of 504,545 vehicles due to the connector for the positive battery cable connector and the corresponding terminal may degrade over time and may lead to electrical power loss to the vehicle, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
According to the recall notice, the vehicle may unexpectedly stall if there is a loss of electrical power,Â potentially leading to a vehicle crash. The recalls affects the following vehicles that are equipped with the battery cable connector:
- Model year 2008 BMW 128I manufactured December 2007 through July 2011
- Model year 2008 BMW 135I manufactured December 2007 through July 2011
- Model year 2007 BMW 328I manufactured March 2007 through October 2011
- Model year 2007 BMW 335I manufactured March 2007 through October 2011
- Model year 2009 BMW Z4 manufactured March 2009 through June 2011
Under the recall notice, BMW will notify owners and dealers will secure and replace the positive battery cable connector, and it will be performed free of charge. For additional information, owners may contact BMW at 1-800-525-7417 or email BMW at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com.
If you’ve been severely injured by a recalled product, defective product attorneys may be able to help you pursue a claim for compensation. For more information, call 1-888-BURNETTI.