According to the recall notice, if the driver exits the vehicle with the transmission in neutral and the parking brake is not applied, the vehicle may rollaway,Â potentially leading to a crash or cause injury to pedestrians attempting to stop or enter the vehicle.Â The recalls affects the following vehicles that are equipped with the automatic transmission control module:
- Model year 2005 BMW 745I manufactured 2004 through 2005
- Model year 2005 BMW 745LI manufactured 2004 through 2005
- Model year 2006 BMW 750I manufactured August 2004 through June 2008
- Model year 2006 BMW 750LI manufactured August 2004 through July 2008
- Model year 2005 BMW 760I manufactured 2005 through 2006
- Model year 2005 BMW 760LI manufactured August 2004 through July 2008
Under the recall notice, BMW will notify owners in the beginning of November 2012, but will not have revised software available to remedy the vehicles until March 2013. For additional information, owners may email BMW at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com or call BMW at 1-800-525-7417.
If you’ve been severely injured by a recalled product, defective product attorneys may be able to help you pursue a claim for compensation. For more information, call 1-888-BURNETTI.