BMW has announced a voluntary recall of 88,911 vehicles due to the electronic circuit board that can malfunction and overheat increasing the risk of a fire.
According to the recall notice, the circuit board may smolder, potentially increasing the risk of a fire. The recalls affects the following vehicles that are equipped with the water pump:
- Model year 2007 Mini Cooper S manufactured November 2006 to January 2011
- Model year 2008 Mini Cooper S Clubman manufactured 2009 to 2011
- Model year 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible manufactured 2009 to 2011
- Model year 2011 Mini Cooper Countryman manufactured in 2011
- Model year 2009 Mini JCW manufactured 2009 to 2011
- Model year 2009 Mini JCW Clubman manufactured in 2009
- Model year 2010 Mini JCW Convertible manufactured 2010 to 2011
Under the recall notice, BMW will notify owners and dealers will replace the water pump free of charge. For addition information, owners may contact BMW at 1-866-275-6464.
If you’ve been severely injured by a recalled product, defective product attorneys may be able to help you pursue a claim for compensation. For more information, call 1-888-BURNETTI.