The holiday season is the time for shopping and gift giving. This holiday season, you may want to double check your child’s wish list to help have a safe holiday season. Unknown to well-intentioned gift givers, many children’s gifts may have hazards that can put them at risk.
Avoid dangerous holiday gifts and keep these safe toy tips in mind:
- Make sure the gift is age appropriate – Toys meant for an older age range may have small parts that could be a choking hazard to a younger child
- Watch out for pull-toys – If a toy has a string longer than a foot, it could be a strangulation hazard for young children
- Don’t forget the helmet – Some of the most dangerous toys are the ones with wheels. When purchasing a bike or scooter, make sure you also purchase a helmet
- Avoid purchasing backyard trampolines – Trampolines accounted for more than one million Emergency Room visits in the past decade
- Check for recalls – Make sure the purchased toy has not been recalled for safety issues. You can visit Safe Kids Worldwide for the list of current recalled toys
Part of the holiday fun is the joy of gift giving. Don’t compromise the holiday cheer by purchasing an unsafe or recalled toy.
Rely On a Florida Personal Injury Attorney if Injured by Holiday Gifts
At Burnetti, P.A. we fight on the behalf of the injured. If a defective toy has injured your child, you may be eligible for a product liability claim. For more information, call 1-888-BURNETTI.