Ford has recalled approximately 202,241 vehicles in five separate recalls to fix various defects including gas leaks, air bag sensors, stalling, and other issues.
- The biggest recall includes 135,000 F-150 trucks and Flex haulers with the 2014 model year. The pickups have defective sensors in the passenger seat which can stop airbags from deploying in the event of an accident. Dealers will recalibrate the sensors to correct the malfunction.
- Also recalled are approximately 38,600 Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis, and Lincoln Town Cars from the model years 2005 through 2011 because they may have been incorrectly repaired in a previous recall. The steering shaft system could be defective which could cause a loss of steering, increasing the risk of an accident. Dealers will inspect the recalled vehicles and replace the steering shaft on cars with defective repairs.
- Approximately 27,600 Transit connect vans from the model year 2014 are recalled for possible fuel line leaks that can cause vehicle fires. Dealers will inspect the vehicles to see if the fuel and vapor lines are routed correctly and if not, dealers will reroute the lines.
- About 960 F-150 pickups from the 2014 model year are also recalled because the brake position switch may not work causing brake lights to not illuminate immediately. Dealers warn owners to avoid using cruise control until the vehicles are repaired because increased pressure to the brakes may be needed to shut off cruise control. Dealers will reinstall the defective switch on recalled models.
- 92 Transit vans from the model year 2015 may have a defective bracket that can detach the fuel filter which can cause the engine to stall. Dealers will reinforce the structure of the underbody if needed.
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, treatment, and pain and suffering. Burnetti, P.A. defective product attorneys have offices in Orlando, Lakeland, and Tampa and serve the surrounding central Florida areas. If you have questions about a possible product liability lawsuit call 1-888-BURNETTI for a free case consultation or visit https://www.burnetti.com to see how Burnetti, P.A. lawyers may be able to assist you in getting the compensation you deserve for your injuries.