General Motors (GM) and Isuzu has announced a voluntary recall of 249,260 sport utility vehicles due the short circuits in the power window and door lock switches that may cause fires, increasing the risk of personal injury.
According to the recall notice, a short circuit board may cause overheating, which could potentially lead to a vehicle fire. The recalls affects the following SUVs that have a window or door lock switch:
- Model year 2006 Buick Rainier manufactured 2006 through 2007
- Model year 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer manufactured 2006 through 2007
- Model year 2006 GMC Envoy manufactured 2006 through 2007
- Model year 2006 Isuzu Ascender manufactured 2006 through 2007
- Model year 2006 Saab 9-7X manufactured 2006 through 2007
Under the recall notice, Buick, Chevrolet and GMC owners will be notified by GM when the remedy plan is finalized and it will be performed free of charge. For more information, Buick owners may contact the owner center at 1-800-521-7300, Chevrolet owners at 1-866-694-6546, and GMC owners at 1-866-996-9463, and Isuzu owners at 1-800-225-6727. In addition, SABB Cars North America will notify owners and questions may be answered by contacting SABB customer service at 1-855-880-0808.
If you’ve been severely injured by a recalled product, defective product attorneys may be able to help you pursue a claim for compensation. For more information, call 1-888-BURNETTI.