Lakeland Medical Malpractice Lawyers know too well that each year in Lakeland, Florida, residents of Polk County are killed through medical negligence and medical malpractice. Unfortunately, medical malpractice happens everyday. Negligence cases range from the nurse treating a patient to the doctor in the hospital performing a surgery.
This medical malpractice lawyers handle medical negligence cases that include birth injuries, failure to diagnose, surgical mistakes, and defective heart devices. If you have suffered a severe injury and you believe it was caused by medical malpractice, contact one of our Lakeland medical malpractice lawyers at Burnetti, P.A. who fights to help clients maximize their financial recovery by pursuing all avenues of compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Handling Medical Negligence in Lakeland, Florida
Medical negligence is a mistake or omission that may happen at any time during medical treatment. For example, if your doctor delayed a diagnosis, misdiagnosed your illness, or failed to deliver proper treatment for that illness. There is generally an accepted standard of care method used by medical professionals under how to treat patients under certain circumstances. If a medical professional fails to follow the accepted standard of care, it may result in medical negligence.
Medical negligence lawyers at Burnetti, P.A. represents clients who have expereinced severe injuries due to negligence or medical malpractice, which may occur with patients facing the following medical issues:
- Cancer – Failure to diagnose, misdiagnosis, and failure to treat cancers including colon cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer, and cervical center.
- Aneurysm / Heart Attack – Failure to respond to lab results related to cardiac arrest (heart attack), stroke and brain aneurysms.
- Birth Injury / Cerebal Palsy – Failure to respond to fetal distress, fetal heart rate abnormalities, asphyxia at birth and failure to deliver by caesarean.
FAQ’s Relating to Medical Malpractice Law in Lakeland, Florida
Medical Malpractice Lawyers What is Medical Malpractice
Definition of medical malpractice – Medical malpractice is defined as any act or omission by a physician during treatment of a patient that deviates from accepted norms of practice in the medical community and causes an injury to the patient
Medical malpractice occurs when a health care provider commits professional negligence by act or omission, and the treatment provided falls below what is considered the accepted standards of practice by the medical community. Malpractice involving medical error may cause injury or death to the patient. Medical malpractice regulations and standards vary by jurisdiction in every country. To offset the risk and cost of lawsuits resulting from medical malpractice, medical professionals may obtain professional liability insurance.
Medical Negligence and Malpractice Examples?
- Failure to diagnose a condition or misdiagnosis of a condition
- Improper treatment and failure to perform appropriate follow-up treatment
- Failure to treat or a delay in treatment
- Nursing home or elder abuse
- HMO negligence
- Prescription errors
- Leaving a foreign object in the body (such as a medical tool or surgical sponge)
- Nursing errors such as falling to report a change in patient’s condition to the doctor, or failing to follow a doctor’s order for treatment
- Failing to properly monitor a patient while undergoing surgery
Lakeland Malpractice Lawyers can Make a Case for Who May be Guilty of Medical Malpractice?
- Nurses, therapists, physicians and physician assistants, paramedics and even dentists can all engage in medical malpractice. In addition, anyone deemed a professional provider of health care can be held responsible.
Contact a Lakeland Medical Malpractice Attorney at Burnetti, P.A.
Lakeland Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Burnetti, P.A. serves clients in Lakeland, Combee, Kathleen, Bartow, Mulberry and the nearby Polk County area. If you or a loved one have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, a Lakeland personal injury attorney may be able to help you pursue a claim for damages. Call 1-888-BURNETTI or fill out a Free Case Evaluation form today!