- Reside in Orlando? Burnetti, P.A. comes to you.
- Home & Hospital Visits
- Calls Answered 24/7
- Evening & Weekend Appointments Available
- Se Habla Español
Accidents in Orlando involving tractor trailers, semi-trucks, or 18-wheelers can be life altering to its victims. Being injured in a tractor-trailer accident may lead to medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Orlando tractor trailer accident attorneys at Burnetti, P.A., fight for the injured, and may be able to help clients gain compensation for the negligent party’s actions.
Common Injuries from Semi Truck Accidents
There are several factors such as distracted driving, texting while driving, drunk driving and/or weather conditions that may contribute to injuries caused by semi truck accidents. Since tractor-trailers are the largest vehicles on the road, they have the most potential for causing severe or even fatal injuries.
These are some common types of injuries sustained from these 18-wheeler collisions:
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Mild spinal cord injuries may require extensive surgeries to correct. In more severe cases, long-term effects may lead to permanent disabilities such as paralysis.
- Head Injuries – Symptoms of mild cases may be losing consciousness, amnesia or disorientation. Severe cases such as traumatic brain injury or concussion are also possible.
- Amputations – In this severe case, permanent disfigurement and disability can occur, in which case the victim may require months of medical treatment, therapy, or expensive prosthetic limbs.
Reasons Why a Tractor Trailer Accident May Occur
A tractor tailor is considerably more difficult to control than standard sized. Due to the large size of the truck, it may be difficult to maneuver and handle in emergency situations. Frequent causes of semi-truck accidents include a small time window for drivers to react, lack of awareness of other vehicles, poor control of the truck, limited visibility, and poor vehicle maintenance.
Helpful Tips for Trucking Accidents
After a trucking accident, it is necessary to take the proper steps after the accident to help with lost wages, medical expenses, and extensive property damage:
- Seek medical attention if necessary
- Write down insurance and license information for all drivers involved
- Obtain contact information for everyone at the scene, including drivers and witnesses
- Gather information about the trucking company, including its name and phone number
- Take photos of all damaged vehicles, the accident and any injuries suffered
If you have been injured in an Orlando accident involving an 18-wheeler, a personal injury attorney may be able to help you pursue a claim against the negligent party for compensation.
Contact Orlando Tractor Trailer Accident Attorneys for a Free Consultation
If you reside in Orlando or the surrounding Orange County area, you may be able to be compensated if you or a loved one has been injured due to a negligent party. Contact Orlando tractor trailer attorneys at Burnetti, P.A. today by calling 1-888-BURNETTI.
5323 Millenia Lakes Blvd Suite 300
Orlando, FL 32839
Click here for driving directions
Orlando Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Orlando Personal Injury
- Orlando Car Accidents
- Orlando Truck Accidents
- Orlando Pedestrian Accidents
- Orlando Wrongful Death
- Orlando Product Liability
- Orlando Traumatic Brain Injury
- Orlando Slip and Fall Accidents
- Orlando Motorcycle Accidents
- Orlando Medical Malpractice
- Orlando Nursing Home Abuse
- Orlando Social Security Disability
- Orlando Workers’ Compensation
- Orlando Defective Drugs
- Orlando Insurance Disputes
- Orlando Boating Accidents
- Orlando Airplane Crash
- Orlando Dog Bites