Motorcycle accident injuries can be a devastating consequence of enjoying the open road. Motorcycle wrecks can occur suddenly, and may alter your life forever. If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence in Tampa, Lakeland or Orlando, motorcycle injury attorneys at Burnetti, P.A. may be able to represent your best interests and help fight for maximum recovery.
Common Scenarios for a Motorcycle Accident
There are many accident scenarios involving motorcycles. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted car or truck drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Failure of the other driver to see the motorcyclist
- Left hand turns
- Defective motorcycle parts or tires
- Defects in the roadway
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accident injuries are usually more severe than car or truck accident injuries because of the lack of structural protection and seatbelt. Hospitalization, rehabilitation, and surgeries may be required for devastating injuries, including:
- Paralysis and spinal cord injury
- “Road rash”
- Traumatic brain injury
- Severe laceration (cut)
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
7 Things to Do If You Have Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident
- Seek medical help if needed. Often motorcyclists initially feel fine after an accident, but moments, hours, or even days later, pain and injuries may surface.
- Obtain witness contact information.
- After the accident, do not attempt to fix or repair your bike until you’ve spoken to a motorcycle attorney; your bike may have physical evidence to prove someone else’s negligence or a defective part.
- Store your motorcycle in a safe and secure place where others have limited access.
- Keep all owner’s manuals, warranty information, and maintenance/repair logs, even if you believe that your motorcycle may be a complete loss.
- Keep all receipts for expenses related to the accident, including medical bills, taxi/bus fares (if you are no longer able to ride your motorcycle), etc.
- Talk to a lawyer for bikers before making any recorded statements to the insurance companies.
Investigating Your Accident to Document What Happened and Protect Your Rights
If you have been injured due to someone’s negligence or a defective product or part, a personal injury lawyer can help you file a motorcycle accident lawsuit. To help prove negligence or a defective product or part, a personal injury law firm can:
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the accident, including visiting the scene of the accident
- Secure a copy of the police report
- Order copies of 911 calls
- Talk to witnesses, including locating witnesses that may not have stayed at the scene
- Review security camera footage or photographs of the scene
- Consult with technical experts about how the accident happened, and whether or not a defective part on the motorcycle played any part in the accident
Tampa, Lakeland or Orlando Wreck? Contact a Motorcycle Injury Lawyer for Help
When you are first involved in a motorcycle crash, you may not initially realize the extent of the accident – lost wages, pain and injuries, medical bills, or difficulty finding alternative transportation may be much greater than initially thought. Motorcycle injury lawyers may be able to help you collect damages for medical care, repairs to your bike, and possible pain and suffering. At Burnetti, P.A., the attorneys and staff helps clients through the legal process and through the healing process. To discuss your potential claim, contact us at 1-888-BURNETTI or fill out the free legal consultation form.
Lakeland • Tampa • Orlando • Sebring (Satellite)