According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 10,000 people lost their lives this year due to a preventable crime. Sadly, alcohol related accidents increase during the holiday seasons more than any other time of the year.
In an effort to help keep you and your loved ones safe, it is important to notice signs of an intoxicated driver, such as:
- Stopping erratically without cause
- Swerving or weaving across the road
- Drifting between lanes
- Responding slow to traffic signals
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) created a list of four things to do if you see a drunk driver:
- Try to stay as far away from the suspected intoxicated driver as possible
- Avoid passing the vehicle or attempting to signal the driver to pull over
- Pay attention to the make and model of the car and if possible the license plate number
- Pull to the side of the road and call 911 with the location and description of the vehicle
If you have suffered due to the negligence of a drunk driver, Burnetti, P.A. drunk driving accident lawyers may be able to help you obtain the compensation you deserve to help cover expensive medical bills, lost wages from work, and pain and suffering. For more information, call 1-888-BURNETTI or https://www.burnetti.com to fill out a free case consultation.