Clearwater Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Working Diligently for You When It Matters the Most
You need supportive legal guidance after being in a serious motorcycle accident. You will find just that and much more when you come to Burnetti, P.A. in Clearwater. Our entire law firm is dedicated to making your life easier after a bad accident by providing comprehensive legal support that genuinely cares about your future wellbeing.
Top Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
The cause of your motorcycle accident will be one of the main focuses of your claim. By figuring out the cause, we can start to figure out liability, too. Liability is a legal term that describes who is accountable to pay for the damages of the accident. It is most often dependent on each party’s negligence or mistakes that contributed to the accident.
In many motorcycle accident cases, the cause is found to be one of the following:
- Distracted driving: Motorists who are not paying full attention to the road put motorcyclists in serious danger. Even when paying attention, drivers can overlook an approaching motorcycle or one in an adjacent lane because it is smaller than a car and more difficult to see. Texting-related motorcycle accidents are a constant concern.
- Drunk driving: Intoxicated drivers are also significant hazards on the road, especially to motorcyclists who do not have the protection of a large metal chassis around them. Drunk drivers are more likely to run red lights, and many of the worst motorcycle accidents happen at red light intersections.
- Motorcycle part defects: A defective braking system or tire on a motorcycle can be catastrophic if it fails while the vehicle is in motion. Cars might be able to lose a tire and still pull over, but a burst tire on a motorcycle is practically guaranteed to cause a crash.
- Poor road conditions: Debris, oil, and water in the road cause heightened dangers to motorcyclists. Lighter frames and two wheels make for worse traction in motion, i.e., a higher chance of losing control when road conditions are not ideal.
Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident
You will likely require significant compensation after being in a motorcycle accident if your injuries were serious enough to warrant immediate medical attention. Motorcyclists are statistically much more likely to suffer a severe or permanent injury in a crash compared to other motorists. By the calculations of some safety groups like the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists can be around 30 times more likely to suffer a brain injury, spine injury, or broken bone in a crash than people in a car who are involved in a similar crash. This vulnerability to injuries directly translates to worse damages and an increased need for compensation.
We might be able to secure the following types of damages for you:
- Costs for your medical treatments, including hospitalization, aftercare, and prescriptions.
- Wages you don’t earn because you are unable to work.
- Pain and suffering caused by physical injuries and emotional trauma.
- Motorcycle repair or replacement costs.
How Long Does a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit Take?
Your motorcycle accident lawsuit can take a while to conclude if it goes to court and there is little chance of reaching a pre-verdict settlement. In this situation, you should expect it to take at least a year to conclude your case, but it might take even longer. When a settlement is possible, though, your motorcycle accident claim could end much sooner, such as in a matter of a few months.
There is no certain way to predict how long a motorcycle accident case will take. Although, you can help avoid delays by allowing our attorneys to handle things. With our experience and insight, we can keep your case moving in the right direction.
Call the Team with 25+ Years of Experience
Burnetti, P.A. in Clearwater has supported motorcycle accident clients across Florida for years. We know the difficulties that you can face as a motorcyclist, such as an insurance company that insists the crash was your fault just because you ride a motorcycle. Rather than trying to put them in your place on your own, turn to us to do all the fighting for you. Working towards justice for our clients is our passion and securing great wins is what drives us.
Contact us today to see how to start your motorcycle accident case.
A Proven Record of Results
We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including many multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements.
A Culture of Customer Service
We treat all of our clients like family, requiring regular calls to clients in an effort to promote the best possible client experience.
Decades of Unwavering Service
Our firm has proudly served injured people throughout the state of Florida for over 25 years, and we're just getting started.
A Network of Support
We help clients find doctors, deal with insurance companies and recover compensation for medical bills and lost wages.