Each year, Lakeland and Polk County employees living in Florida are injured at work, which may result in serious injuries. These hard working employees may be injured, disabled or possibly killed in work-related accidents. After the injury some employers may deny work comp, which may prevent the employee from receiving necessary medical treatment, result in lost wages, and add stress to an already difficult time. Contact a Lakeland workers compensation lawyer at Burnetti, P.A. if you or a loved one has been injured on the job.
Polk County Workers’ Compensation
Most employers in Polk County are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. Florida workers who are injured at the job site are qualified to receive workers’ compensation benefits to help cover the costs of lost wages, job retraining, and medical expenses.
Common work related injuries that may lead to medical expenses including the following:
- Slipping, tripping or falling injuries
- Rotator cuff or shoulder injuries
- Joint and knee injuries
- Back and herniated disc injuries
- Repetitive stress injuries (carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel)
If you or a family member have sustained an injury on the job and you are unable to obtain your benefits or are denied your claim entirely, contact a Lakeland personal injury attorney at Burnetti, P.A.
Workplace Injury Statistics
Work place injuries affect people in all lines of work and of all ages in Lakeland, Florida and the United States. Each year, a number of employees experience a workplace injury. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, these the are workplace injury statistics in the United States:
- Each year, more than 4.1 million people in the United States suffer a workplace injury.
- More than 2 million workers are injured severely enough on the job that they miss work and need ongoing medical care.
- Construction is one of the most dangerous professions. The leading causes of death among construction workers are falls, car accidents, electrocution, machine accidents, and being struck by falling objects.
- Employees worked more hours on the job years year, which can contribute to on the-job death increases
For a Free Consultation Contact Burnetti, P.A.
Burnetti, P.A.’s Lakeland workers’ compensation lawyers assist clients in Lakeland, Combee, Kathleen, Bartow, Mulberry and the surrounding Polk County area. If you have suffered a work related injury call 1-888-BURNETTI or fill out the Free Case Evaulation form.
211 S Florida Ave
Lakeland, FL 33801
Click here for driving directions
Lakeland Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Lakeland Personal Injury
- Lakeland Car Accidents
- Lakeland Tractor Trailer Accidents
- Lakeland Truck Accidents
- Lakeland Motorcycle Accidents
- Lakeland Bus Accidents
- Lakeland Pedestrian Accidents
- Lakeland Medical Malpractice
- Lakeland Wrongful Death
- Lakeland Defective Products
- Lakeland Slip and Falls
- Lakeland Airplane Crash
- Lakeland Boating Accident
- Lakeland Defective Drugs
- Lakeland Head Injuries
- Lakeland Train Crashes
- Lakeland Workplace Accidents
- Lakeland Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect