Each day Florida motorists are injured or killed in Winter Haven car accidents. If someone else’s negligence has resulted in an injury to your family, an experienced Winter Haven car accident lawyer may be able to help you pursue a claim for compensation.
Florida Car Accident Statistics
The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reported there were 3,221 deaths as the result of car accidents in Florida during 2007. The next year, the number of fatalities dropped to 2,983. Drivers operating their vehicles under the influence of alcohol were responsible for 1,244 deaths in 2007 and 1,169 fatalities in 2008.
Steps to Take Following a Winter Haven Car Accident
There are a few essential steps to take when someone is in a Winter Haven car accident to ensure their rights are protected.
- Always call 911 if anyone is injured or appears dazed or distressed.
- Move your vehicle out of traffic and on to the roadside if it is safe.
- Obtain contact information from any witnesses.
- Get contact, identification and insurance information from the other driver.
- Do not discuss the accident with others at the scene.
- Take photos of the crash scene, the vehicles and visible injuries.
- Obtain the police report and note any incorrect information.
If you are Injured, Contact Winter Haven Car Accident Lawyers
Winter Haven personal injury lawyers lawyers at Burnetti, P.A. strive to maximize compensation for the injured through aggressive representation, whether in negotiations with an insurance company or in trial court; they also help clients by investigating facts, listening, and providing legal support to guide them toward relief from suffering. If you believe you have a claim, Winter Haven car accident lawyers at Burnetti, P.A. may be able to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. For a free consultation, fill out the free case evaluation form or call 1-888-BURNETTI.