Sebring FL Slip and Fall Injury Lawyers
Slip and fall lawyers at Burnetti, P.A. assist victims that have suffered an injury on someone else’s property due to the property owner’s negligence. Injuries suffered in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident may lead to severe pain, permanent disabilities, or even death.
Owners of premises such as shopping malls, restaurants, or office buildings have a responsibility to protect visitors from dangerous conditions and defects in the property. If they fail to do so and you are injured because of their negligence, you may be able to file a claim for monetary compensation under a body of law called premises liability.
Premises liability is the duty of owners and occupiers of a property to protect visitors to their property from dangerous conditions and holds them legally responsible for accidents and injuries that occur on the property. This can range from a slip and fall accident to an injury resulting from negligent security. Accident lawyers represent injured clients in premises liability claims and fight to recover damages.
Where Slip And Fall Accidents Happen
Slip and fall accidents may occur in public and private places, including:
- Grocery stores
- Big box retailers
- Parking lots
- Theme parks
- Public parks
- Shopping centers
- Private homes
Causes Of Slip And Fall Accidents
There are many hazardous or unsafe conditions that may contribute to a slip and fall accident, including:
- Spilled liquids
- Inadequate security
- Inadequate lighting
- Broken handrails on porches or stairs
- Collapsing floors, walls or roofs
- Falling objects
- Uneven payment, sidewalks or curbs
- Holes in parking lots of floors
- Algae on sidewalks
- Cracked sidewalks
- Other hazardous property conditions that violate building codes
- Loose carpeting
- Icy walkways
- Construction defects
Slip And Fall Accidents Can Cause Serious Injuries
Property owners have a responsibility to keep their premises in a safe condition, including maintaining and fixing the property. If the owner or a tenant fails to do this and a visitor is harmed while on their premises, then they may be liable for injuries resulting from the accident, including:
- Cuts and abrasions
- Injuries that require surgery
- Spiral fractures to the legs
- Hand fractures
- Wrist sprains
- Neck sprains
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Mid and low back sprains
10 Things To Do After A Slip And Fall Accident
If you have fallen in a public or private place, you may be injured, embarrassed, or scared. You may not know what to do after your trip and fall accident. A few actions that may help ease the stress and uncertainty during this difficult and emotional time are:
- Seek medical help for your slip and fall injury
- Determine the hazardous and unsafe conditions that caused your injury
- Take photos of the injury scene, even if it’s just your cell phone camera; if you don’t have a camera, ask someone else on the scene
- Obtain contact information for any witnesses, including employees, that may have seen you fall
- Remember any information that a store employee says to you
- Make sure the store manager completes an incident report and gives you a copy
- Keep the clothes and shoes that you were wearing (but don’t wear them again until you talk to an attorney)
- If you were shopping and made any purchases, keep the receipt and charge card records (if you used your charge card)
- Keep a copy of your cell phone record to show that you were not on your cell phone and distracted at the time of the accident
- Contact slip and fall lawyers for your legal needs
How Tampa Slip And Fall Lawyers May Be Able To Help With Your Premises Liability Claim
There are numerous ways slip and fall injury attorneys help clients injured by someone else’s negligence, including determining eligibility for compensation for pain and lost wages. This may involve conducting an investigation into the accident to establish liability on the part of the property owner or another negligent party, including:
- Investigating and securing evidence of the dangerous condition before the property owner fixes the hazard
- Conducting research for the case, including determining if the property had any video cameras (and if they were pointed at the client)
- Securing government weather reports to determine the weather at the time of the accident
- Locating prior slip and fall complaints filed for the same establishment
- Hiring safety standards experts to review your case to determine applicable government codes and regulations and if any were violated
- Following procedures and filing the correct paperwork in a timely manner before the Statue of Limitations expires and the client misses the opportunity for monetary recovery
Slip and fall attorneys know the questions to ask, the research to conduct, and the evidence to preserve to prove one of the three items necessary for a slip and fall claim:
- The owner or person who caused the injury created a dangerous and unsafe condition, such as a spill, worn spot in carpeting, or slippery floor
- The owner or employee of the premises knew about the hazardous condition and did nothing to remedy it
- That the hazardous condition or slippery substance wasn’t easily seen
Slip And Fall Settlements In Florida
If you have been harmed, you shouldn’t be embarrassed about your slip and fall injury or feel guilty talking to personal injury lawyers about filing a claim against a negligent owner to pay your medical bills or to recover lost wages.
Florida has specific laws regarding what are reasonable actions to prevent slip and fall or trip and fall accidents. Burnetti, P.A. understands these laws and can review your potential claim to determine if you may be eligible to file a slip and fall accident lawsuit. Bilingual staff is available during the day, evenings and weekend, and will meet with you in your home, in the hospital, or at the Burnetti, P.A. offices.
For a free consultation, email the firm at Burnetti or call (863) 777-4431 today.
What Sets Us Apart?Reasons to Trust Burnetti, P.A. with Your Case
A Proven Record of Results
We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including many multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements.
A Culture of Customer Service
We treat all of our clients like family, requiring regular calls to clients in an effort to promote the best possible client experience.
Decades of Unwavering Service
Our firm has proudly served injured people throughout the state of Florida for over 25 years, and we're just getting started.
A Network of Support
We help clients find doctors, deal with insurance companies and recover compensation for medical bills and lost wages.