Medical negligence generally arises when a patient is injured or dies as the result of a medical professional’s failure to adhere to a certain level of patient care, including engaging in a negligent act or failing to administer standard and reasonable care. If you believe that you are the victim of medical negligence, attorneys may be able to help you seek monetary compensation for your losses. For a free case evaluation, call 1-888-BURNETTI.
Medical Negligence Claims
While no medical procedure or treatment is guaranteed to be 100% effective, doctors, nurses, dentists, psychiatrists, and other medical professionals and facilities have a duty to provide a standard level of care. When they fail to do so and the omission or negligent act results in an injury, the victim may be able to pursue a medical malpractice claim for financial compensation.
Medical malpractice attorneys at Burnetti, P.A. handle medical negligence cases involving medical staff errors, plus claims against hospitals and other medical care centers. Negligence claims may be pursued for clients that have been the victims of:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Treatment errors
- Surgical/surgeon errors
- Prescription or pharmacy errors, including dispensing the wrong medicine or wrong dose of medicine
- Nursing errors
- Emergency room errors
- Misdiagnosis or late diagnosis of cancer
- Birth injuries
- Improper reading of x-rays
- Transfusion errors
- Negligence during surgery
- Surgery on the wrong limb or organ
Florida Medical Malpractice Lawyers know too well that each year in Lakeland, Florida, residents of Polk County are killed through medical negligence and medical malpractice. Unfortunately, medical malpractice happens every day. Negligence cases range from the nurse treating a patient to the doctor in the hospital performing a surgery.
This medical malpractice lawyers handle medical negligence cases that include birth injuries, failure to diagnose, surgical mistakes, and defective heart devices. If you have suffered a severe injury and you believe it was caused by medical malpractice, contact one of our Lakeland medical malpractice lawyers at Burnetti, P.A. who fights to help clients maximize their financial recovery by pursuing all avenues of compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Handling Medical Negligence in Florida
Medical negligence is a mistake or omission that may happen at any time during medical treatment. For example, if your doctor delayed a diagnosis, misdiagnosed your illness, or failed to deliver proper treatment for that illness. There is generally an accepted standard of care method used by medical professionals under how to treat patients under certain circumstances. If a medical professional fails to follow the accepted standard of care, it may result in medical negligence.
Medical negligence lawyers at Burnetti, P.A. represents clients who have experienced severe injuries due to negligence or medical malpractice, which may occur with patients facing the following medical issues:
- Cancer – Failure to diagnose, misdiagnosis, and failure to treat cancers including colon cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer, and cervical center.
- Aneurysm / Heart Attack – Failure to respond to lab results related to cardiac arrest (heart attack), stroke and brain aneurysms.
- Birth Injury / Cerebral Palsy – Failure to respond to fetal distress, fetal heart rate abnormalities, asphyxia at birth and failure to deliver by cesarean.
FAQ’s Relating to Medical Malpractice Law in Lakeland, Florida
Medical Malpractice Lawyers What is Medical Malpractice
Definition of medical malpractice – Medical malpractice is defined as any act or omission by a physician during treatment of a patient that deviates from accepted norms of practice in the medical community and causes an injury to the patient
Medical malpractice occurs when a health care provider commits professional negligence by act or omission, and the treatment provided falls below what is considered the accepted standards of practice by the medical community. Malpractice involving medical error may cause injury or death to the patient. Medical malpractice regulations and standards vary by jurisdiction in every country. To offset the risk and cost of lawsuits resulting from medical malpractice, medical professionals may obtain professional liability insurance.
Medical Negligence and Malpractice Examples?
- Failure to diagnose a condition or misdiagnosis of a condition
- Improper treatment and failure to perform appropriate follow-up treatment
- Failure to treat or a delay in treatment
- Nursing home or elder abuse
- HMO negligence
- Prescription errors
- Leaving a foreign object in the body (such as a medical tool or surgical sponge)
- Nursing errors such as failing to report a change in patient’s condition to the doctor, or failing to follow a doctor’s order for treatment
- Failing to properly monitor a patient while undergoing surgery
Lakeland Malpractice Lawyers can Make a Case for Who May be Guilty of Medical Malpractice?
- Nurses, therapists, physicians and physician assistants, paramedics and even dentists can all engage in medical malpractice. In addition, anyone deemed a professional provider of health care can be held responsible.
Contact a Medical Malpractice Attorney Today!
Lakeland Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Burnetti, P.A. serves clients in Lakeland, Combee, Kathleen, Bartow, Sebring, and the nearby Polk County area. If you or a loved one have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, a Lakeland personal injury attorney may be able to help you pursue a claim for damages. Call 1-888-BURNETTI or fill out a Free Case Evaluation form today!